Executive Brand Consulting and Coaching
Sometimes creating a breakthrough in brand building just needs a nudge, a different perspective, a quick reminder of the basics or a dose of encouragement to keep moving forward. Sometimes it just takes a gray-haired, wrinkled-faced, outside person to tell a bunch of stubborn, brand-naïve leaders the same thing you would say just to get things moving forward.
As an objective brand coach I don’t have a horse in the race, my only interest is providing sound, unbiased advice. I will work side-by-side until the problem is solved and you feel comfortable you can handle it yourself. I hold myself accountable to being a good partner in improving clients’ brand management competency. One of the most important objectives is to make sure clients learn what I know and don’t need to call me back for the same thing. As a brand coach I sign-up to solve a problem without the expectation or interest of being awarded a long-term assignment.
Worn Shoe Leather Beats Book Smarts, Every Time
Having been in the industry for over 30 years I know the brand-building discipline inside and out and how to apply it in virtually any situation and in any industry. Knowing about the fundamentals of brand building is one thing, but knowing how to pragmatically solve a real-world problem is a whole other matter. Anybody can read the books, articles and blogs, but solving a real-world problem under time pressure is why you call a brand coach.
As a well-worn brand consultant I have what it takes to solve the problem in your real world. I know how to quickly ramp up to understand your problem, uncover reasonable solutions that I know can work in your industry and organization, and prepare proven recommendations that everyone can understand. Most importantly I can take the lead in getting all interested parties on board and supporting a path to get things moving forward.
Have It Your Way
Maybe you’re not facing a big challenge, but just need a little advice or to check your perspective on something you’re working through. I’m up for that, too.
- Need to get more support from the leadership team for organization-wide brand building activities.
- Are a frustrated “logo cop” and are tired of herding cats.
- Believe the growth of new product names has gotten out of control.
- Struggle with brand communicators dispersed throughout the organization producing inconsistent brand messages.
- Believe that your organization’s brand positioning has lost its edge.
- Are having a difficult time convincing the leadership team of a recent acquisition or subsidiary to embrace the organization’s corporate brand identity system and migrate their current identity to the corporate brand.
- Believe the organization lacks a well-defined brand identity framework (monolithic, segmented, coordinated) that promotes effective brand building, avoiding the ineffectiveness that comes from the confusing and inconsistent use of a product and corporate brand hierarchy.
- Have observed that the organization struggles from inconsistent identity usage that under-leverages current and future branding opportunities.
- Are convinced that your team is tool close to the brand and can’t see the forest for the trees and the result is diluted and ineffective brand-building efforts.
- Are concerned that because of recent events or business conditions that leaders and maybe the board of directors have lost sight of the strength of your brand.
- Are experiencing something else not mentioned above…
Brand coaching can be conducted through a series of phone calls, online conferences or a few in-person visits, your call.